How to permanently leave a Facebook group chat
Have you ever somehow ended up in a Facebook group messenger chat and you have no idea how you got there?
You might keep trying to mute, delete, or otherwise get out of the chat, but every time you pick up your phone,
THERE IT IS AGAIN!
I know it might seem like you’re in Groundhog Day land, but I assure you, it’s easy to find and permanently exit Facebook group messenger chats.
Here’s how to do it:
- Log in to your Facebook account using your preferred web browser.
- Navigate to the group chat you want to leave by clicking the “Messenger” icon in the top right corner of your Facebook homepage.
- Find the group chat you want to leave and click on it to open the chat.
- Once you’re in the group chat, click on the gear icon located in the top right corner of the chat window.
- From the dropdown menu, select “Leave Group Chat.”
- A pop-up window will appear, asking you to confirm that you want to leave the group chat.
- Click “Leave Group Chat” to confirm.
- You will now be removed from the group chat and will no longer receive messages or notifications from the chat.
- That’s it! You have successfully left the Facebook group messenger chat.
Also check out: 7 signs a pending Facebook group member is a bot or scammer